Monday, July 1, 2019



Happy July, my friends!

The flowers are starting to take off (the poppies and lilies finally decided to bloom), and so is the heat.



This squash is starting to grow up onto our front steps, which should be interesting by the end of summer. . .


The roses are being attacked by Japanese beetles, so we are out hand-picking them and feeding the beetles to the ducks. I made a video on different uses for rose petals and hips, which make all the hand-picking worth it!

Love,
Marqueta

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marqueta! Beautiful flowers. I need to let my rosehips grow and quit trimming my roses!! Thanks for the reminder. Neat about feeding the Japanese beetles to the ducks. I pick mine by hand also (feel that is the best way to tackle it, although it is a daily or twice daily chore) and squish them...eek. And.....I learn best by my mistakes...lessons well engrained in my mind, especially if they cost me money! Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!