Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy Spring!



Dear Friends,

The fairies in Missouri have decided to get to work making things pop up in the yard. Someone has been painting some amazing sunsets, as well!



We have been spending as much time as possible outside, eating, playing, and working in the garden.



Here we are on St. Patrick's Day, using everything green we could find in the cupboard.


The daffodils that bloom on the east side of the house are the first in the yard to flower. They must have a cozy spot against the cement foundation!




What would spring be without a few pansies? I love how Rebecca shows up in the corner of the this picture that Tasha took, and that her dress complements the purple in the pansy. I have such gifted children.


This past Saturday I attended a workshop on using native plants in one's landscaping. There were lots of shrubs being given out by the Conservation Department, so I brought home a witch hazel, black haw, a spice bush, and this nine bark that can't wait to get growing!  I also picked up lots of herbs and flowers and will be busy poking them here and there for the next few days.


May you also have the opportunity to spend as much time in the fresh air as possible this spring. And if you are going to put in a garden, please consider planting a few milkweeds (the tropical variety is a favourite) for the Monarch butterflies, who need our help if they are to avoid extinction.

Love,

Marqueta

4 comments:

  1. What lovely daffodils :0) mine are still sprouting very, very slowly :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring dear Marqueta! I'd love to attend one of those workshops. I see on your sideboard that you have a link to a Michigan herbalist. Maybe someday I'll be to attend one of his. Beautiful photography as always. We have a vacant lot in the back of our house that has milkweed, wild roses and daylilies. I like to crack them open and spread the seeds in the air.

    Love
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my friend you are so right. I need to venture out into the sunshine. I have been behind closed doors to long. I always love coming here, seeing and reading what you and your lovely brood have been up too. Seems to me, its always wonderful, whatever it may be. Blessings my dear friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are enjoying such a lovely, enlivening spring-tide, aren't we, dearest mamma? And Tasha's photographs are delights to eye and heart. <3

    I love you and I like you!

    xoxo Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!