Saturday, March 11, 2017

I Wander'd Lonely As a Cloud


"I wandered lonely as a cloud
   That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
   A host, of golden daffodils;"


Okay, so it's not quite a host, but our little daffodil patch has begun blooming, bringing a little sunshine to our hearts!

The crocuses are also making a show, although you about have to get down on your hands and knees to see them. :)


The lone trillium (the chickens killed its friends) is about to bloom as well, which means that morel mushrooms will be popping up in the woods.


Ground ivy is blooming, and its flowers have a sweet, dainty fragrance,



And the primrose on the dining table has inspired a beautiful nature journal entry by an older daughter~


It is snowing right now in our neck of the woods, and we are praying that the cold weather will spare our flowers, peas, and greens coming up in the garden!

Love,

Marqueta

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the garden tour....my tired of winter spirits were lifted.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marqueta, your daughter's drawings in her journal are gorgeous! I hope you only have a bit of snow so your flowers don't freeze. We are due for snow tonight but I think just a dusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of you to share your garden with us, dear Marqueta. Winter is hanging on much too long here. Cold and snowing and forecasts for more. Hopefully that trillium foretells a good morel season for you.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is still quite cold here also...but spring is truly around the bend :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are just beautiful. I've enjoyed the time indoors this winter, but also looking forward to getting outside more soon. Thank you for the tip on morels popping up at the same time as trilliums. I didn't know that so I was glad to read it. Your daughter's drawings are very good. I have thought about a picture journal, but I just don't draw well enough to please myself. I'm so glad others do though. Thank you so mush for sharing your photos and thoughts with your readers. Great post.
    Have a great week!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely, so glad you dropped by my blog-is this your main blog?
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope your plants will be okay! The weather here turned practically spring-like, everything budded, and then snow and cold. Just crazy! The journal entry is beautiful!
    Love and hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!