Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sacrifices of Joy


"And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord."
~Psalms 27:6


Dear Reader,

While playing "scripture roulette" (Flip the pages at random and open to a passage) this morning, this passage in Psalms struck me as never before. How fitting for David to mention the "sacrifices of joy"; for sometimes we would rather indulge in our black moods, wouldn't we? Being always joyful can be a real sacrifice for some of us, myself included. But what more beautiful sacrifice can we offer to the One who has given us all good things?

May I remember to offer a "sacrifice of Joy", the next time I encounter things such as:


1/3 bottle of organic ketchup used in one sitting~

And an entire roll of toilet paper emptied into the tub at bathtime!
May you have a blessed Sabbath,

Love,

Marqueta

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how in times of frustration, we grab a camera? I was actually looking through some pretty old photos earlier today and found some of Raya and Malia cleaning up marker from off the wall...I'm sure I was pretty ticked, but I just laugh now and am sure glad I got the picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mami,
    Frankie And Evangeline Are MESS-MAKERS!
    I Like The Scripture.
    I Love You And I Like You!!!!
    Love,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!