Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Little Poem for Sunday

Dear Friends,

A merry Sabbath to you! I found this poem tucked inside an Ideals Magazine Autumn issue, and thought I would share it with you.  They just don't write them like this anymore!
 
Heaven's Grocery Store

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago,
When I saw a sign that read "Heaven's Grocery Store."
As I got a little closer, the door came open wide,
And when I came to myself I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels they were standing everywhere,
One handed me a basket and said, "My child, shop with care."
Everything a Christian needed was in that Grocery Store,
And all you couldn't carry you could come back the next day for more.

First I got some Patience, Love was in the same row,
Further down was Understanding, you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of Wisdom, a box or two of Faith,
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost, for it was all over the pleace.

I stopped to get some Strength and Courage, to help me run this race;
By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some Grace.

I didn't forget Salvation, for Salvation that was free.
So, I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.
Then I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had to do everything to my Master's will.

As I went up to the aisle I saw Prayer and just had to put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin.
Peace and Joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.
Song and Praises were hanging near so I just helped myself.

Then, I said to the Angel, now how much do I owe?
He just smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."
Again I smiled at him and said, "How much, now really, do I owe?"

He smiled again and said, "My Child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago!"


Love,

Marqueta

6 comments:

  1. Wonderfu words!! Thank you Dear one! :-)
    XXX OOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Marqueta! I wish I could do a little shopping there today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marqueta...this is just beautiful! Thank you. It was exactly what I needed this chilly Monday Morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marqueta, I've not read that before. Very sweet! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marqueta, That was so lovely ! :-)
    Love Linnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!