Saturday, June 20, 2015

Vintage Homemaking Advice

Dear Friends, 

I would like to share with you a little prayer that my elderly neighbor had hanging up in her kitchen. It goes perfectly with the dish towels that I just found at the antique store (for less than what Walmart charges!).  I hope you enjoy it~


MONDAY: WASHDAY

Help me, my God, to wash away all my selfishness and vanity, 
that I may serve Thee with perfect humility through the week ahead.


TUESDAY: IRONING DAY

Dear Lord, help me to iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have
accumulated through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.


WEDNESDAY: MENDING DAY

O God, help me to mend my ways so that I will not set a bad example for others.


THURSDAY: CLEANING DAY

Lord Jesus, help me to reach the dust of all the many faults I
have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart all these years.


FRIDAY: SHOPPING DAY

O God, give me the grace to be a wise and prudent shopper that I may purchase
 eternal happiness for myself and my family and all who are in need of Thy love.

 

SATURDAY: COOKING DAY

Help me, my Saviour, to brew up a huge kettle of brotherly love, 
and serve it with the clean, sweet bread of human kindness.



SUNDAY: THE LORD'S DAY

O God, since I have now prepared my house for Thee, please come into my
heart as my honoured Guest, so that I may spend the day in Thy presence.

Amen.

Love,

Marqueta

6 comments:

  1. Love this, Marqueta! I may have to copy this down to make some towels of my own! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for Friday: Shopping Day. We cannot purchase eternal happiness, for ourself or for any other. It comes with the free gift of salvation we receive from our Heavenly Father when we accept His Son as our Lord and Savior. I may have to think of something else for that one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Marqueta! And the towels are adorable. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely towels and sweet prayer -- one that would serve all well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Marqueta!!
    I really enjoyed this!!!
    xxxx oooo Love ya, Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful dish towels and the wonderful prayers. Blessings to all of you ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!