Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Where God Wants You

Dear Friends,

I found this poem the other day while cleaning house. I can't remember where it came from, typed up on an old sheet of wrinkled paper, and it says, "Author Unknown," but I think you might like it.


"Where God Wants You"

I don't know how to say it, but sometimes it seems to me

That maybe we are stationed where God wants us to be;

That the little place I'm filling is the reason for my birth,

And just to do the work I do He puts me on this earth.

If God had wanted otherwise I reckon He'd have made

Me just a little different, of a worse or better grade.

And since God knows and understands all things on land and sea,

I fancy that He placed me here just where He wanted me.

Sometimes I get to thinking, as my labors I review

That I should like a higher place with greater tasks to do;

But I come to this conclusion, when the envying is stilled,

That the post to which God sent me is the post He wanted filled.

So I plod along and struggle in the hope that when day is through

That I'm really necessary to the thing God wants to do.

And there isn't any service I can give which I should scorn,

For it may be just the reason God allowed me to be born.

~Author Unknown

Love,

Marqueta

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Something to read each day. Nothing is a coincidence...everything is for a reason that we will only know how important it is when we reach heaven. Andra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful little poem! We may never know what our purpose is here on earth. Might be something as simple as a kind word right at the very moment it was needed.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this inspiring poem. In a paper letter my good friend, now a widow, (that I left behind when we moved out-of-state) mentioned this very thing - that she knows God wants her where she is, serving and working where she is, and fitted her for her tasks. I've been thinking about his quote by Helen Keller: "I long to accomplish a great and noble task; but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." I think all the many little things we do in bringing up children - make a noble task - and a good wife - is a noble task, too. Yours, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!