Thursday, September 14, 2017

Home Sweet Home


Dear Friends,

We are finally feeling somewhat settled in here in our new home, hanging up all of our beloved artwork and wall hangings, to make it more "homey" (and to cover the cracks in the walls).

We have been getting to know the nature in our yard, raising up a new batch of Monarch caterpillars from milkweed vines in the lawn, and discovering that Rose of Sharon seeds taste like fava beans. They're quite time-consuming to harvest, though!


Our cat Ginger has made a new "friend" in the neighborhood, who thinks that he belongs here now.


 We've named him "Puff," after the Dick and Jane kitten.


I hope that you have been enjoying your September. We keep our friends in the hurricane areas in our prayers, as well as those out West experiencing fires.

Love,

Marqueta
"Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are settled! That is cute...how you worded your new cat friend. I grew up with "Dick and Jane" readers and my dog was named Puffy. (Ha...maybe that was the dog version). When we first moved here I placed our pictures to cover the nail holes. After my husband painted we almost hated to put any pictures up but like you said, it is homey. love,Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations--can't wait to see what else you do to make your new home cozy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look it up-did not realize rose of sharon was edible--I didnt find anything about the seeds but seems everything else in the plant is edible too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marqueta, I am glad that home is feeling like home. What a sweet kitty! How are your chickens adjusting?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!