Thursday, April 19, 2018

Birthday Time Again



Dear friends,

This past Sunday I became 90 divided by 2. We had church in the morning, and in the afternoon, my girls made me a beautiful cake with strawberries and magnolia blossoms on it. Magnolia blossoms are a little strong, but they're good medicine, so it was worth it!

Hyrum gave me a sweet hug and a tractor made out of Legos to help in the garden (we'll see how THAT goes!).


We had fun target-practicing in the woods on Saturday. and Mother Nature blessed me with gold in the form of finches, as well as dandelion blossoms all over the yard.


We also had our first asparagus harvest from the bed that planted years ago, so that was an especially wonderful treat.

I am so grateful to finally be here in land in the country, where we will be busy doing more projects than I can keep track of, until we make a real homestead out of our place. There are fences to install, chicken coops and other animal shelters to make, a greenhouse or two to figure out, ponds and other waterworks to dig, etc. etc.  My husband suffers from severe diabetic neuropathy, so thank goodness for wonderful people from our church who are willing to come lend a hand with tilling, clearing brush, etc. and neighbors that offer to help, as well!

Thank you to all my friends who read this blog. Your friendship means more than you know.

Love,

Marqueta

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Marqueta...I am sending your husband my prayers .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon, this was such a lovely post.
    Your birthday cake is just gorgeous! So pretty-and Happy Birthday to you.We have year round gold finches but this month their number has doubled-and I have been going through lots of niger seed for them too. They are so pretty aren't they. My husband has many health issues too so it is nice to have a couple good friends when we need help.
    Yes I think your greenhouse would have blown away for sure the wind was just so strong and crazy.
    Hopefully spring weather will be here for all of us-I just hope we don't go right into a very hot summer--Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Your children and mother nature did gift you well that day! I like your veggie harvest and the cake is beautiful...your kids did a great job! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Marqueta ~ such a sweet pic of you and Hyram :3
    I don't post on blogs much now but I still like to visit yours!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!