Thursday, April 7, 2011

We Love "The Storybook Home Journal"!

Dear Friends,

Graciousness. . . Elegant Economy. . . Inspirational. . . All of these words describe a beautiful publication that we love to enjoy while enjoying the great Outdoors!

 The Al Young family, who lives near the beautiful Wasatch Mountain in Utah, have created a truly magical world for themselves, which they share with us through their "Storybook Home Journal", as well as through cds of original and olden day music that they have created. We discovered their family when they were featured in "Victoria Magazine", several years ago, and have been in love ever since!

The magazines are each based on a particular book, such as "Little Women" or "Emma", and ideas are given to help make that book come alive in our homes. They have a blog, too, with more inspiring ideas: http://storybookhomejournal.blogspot.com/

The whole family is very talented in the fine arts, and have many beautiful prints and other items for sale at their family website. If you are looking for a godly resource to add to your enjoyment of good books, you will not be disappointed by "The Storybook Home Journal"!

Evangeline has been inspired to make a fairy dwelling today~

******************************
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."


~Philipians 4:8

15 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you are able to enjoy God's creation!

    Gracias mi amiga por invitarme a apreciarla contigo :-)

    Con mucho amor,

    Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my Dears!
    How deliciously sweeeet is the Fairy Dwelling!!! I love it ;-)
    The The Storybook Home Journal looks very apealing.(I shall go and search their site now)Thanks!
    Love and Hugs Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing us to The Storybook Journal Marqueta! I just checked and the had an issue on my childhood favorite Emily of Deep Valley. I just finished rereading it for the umpteenth time last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely resource.

    I hope your day is blessed.

    Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evangeline's fairy dwelling is charming, indeed! The fairies will be quarreling over who gets to live there!
    I must go check out The Storybook Home Journal! It looks like so much fun! Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty dwelling for any self respecting fairy. The journal sounds wonderful too. Dev x

    p.s. am having a little giveaway if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the link Marqueta, I was absolutely entranced by the Storybook Home Journal Blog. Meanwhile tell Evangeline that her fairy dwelling is just perfect and I see there are some tiny violets growing in the fairy garden so I'm sure the little folk will be well pleased. Have a lovely family weekend, Eli x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good verse! In other words: "Go directly to 'Sweete Felicity' - do not pass 'Go', and do not collect $200!" But DO tell MARQUETA that you LOVE her... AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL YOU'RE JOLLY-WELL BLUE IN THE FACE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely going to check out their site.
    I am so happy to see the wee baby chicklets. We have a wonderful mother hen sitting on about 20 eggs right now and right across from her nest is a mother duck sitting on just as many duckling eggs. We are expecting a full house in the nursery very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marqueta, just to let you know that you won a brooch in my giveaway. I chose the pink/lilac one for you. I hope that is ok. Let me have your address when you have a spare minute. Kindest regards Devina x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! So very glad you shared this! This sounds marvelous - I love looking through Victoria Magazines - classic - and trying to find where the people they featured are - I will surely visit this!
    So wonderful to share lovely things with you!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

    I love you!!!!!!!!! HAppy BIrthday TO YOu!

    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness - I am here in Utah and NEVER heard of them! THANK YOU for sharing this! I know it will be a blessing in our lives as well! *hugs*

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too first saw this wonderful family in Victoria and became an instant fan. I have been receiving The Journal since then, they never cease to inspire and delight us. I love to take a seasonally appropriate SBH with us when we take nature walks and picnics. Settling down with a view, a cup of tea and a SBH Journal, can life get any better?

    p.s. I have blogged about The Journal also:
    http://childrenofeve.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Storybook%20Home

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!