Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Fairy Day!


 
 Dear Friends,

This is our Midsummer's Day post, a few days late, since Blogger would not allow me to post photos that day. :) I was invited to participate in Fairy Day, which is today, and drew the above fairy for the occasion. I drew her in graphite, then set the graphite with hairspray. I then colored her in with colored pencil and outlined with pen and ink. Unfortunately, I drew her on cheap sketchbook paper, so when I scanned her all the wrinkles and creases showed. Audrey came along and fixed her up for me in PhotoShop, so she's all pristine for you. :)


 
 We had a lovely Midsummer's Day, setting out feasts for our fey friends. We think we saw a few fairies around on that day, or maybe just fairies' friends?

 Perhaps this lady knows the answer!


We read Mabel on Midsummer Day by Mary Howitt, which is our yearly tradition. We typed it out in full for you to enjoy on this post~


Have you seen any fairies lately?

Love,
Marqueta





9 comments:

  1. Oh Marquetta, thank you thank you!!!

    I can see that you have a lovely garden!!!!*grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marqueta! You can make magic out of the most ordinary of days. Must be fun to be your child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Marqueta!
    What an enchanting Fairy Lady! You are so talented, my friend!
    You ask if I have seen any fairies lately ~ come to my garden blog for your answer!
    Happy Fairy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful~ Lovely pictures. I drew many fairies when I was in highschool I was convinced as a child I would find one...My husband says though that he thinks I am an elf hehehehe...I will scan and post a picture of one of my old drawings to show you & to celebrate Fairy Day with the Lovely Grahams ~ And a very Happy Fairy Day to you...Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear friend,

    I love the fairy you drew! She is so sweet! I agree with Jane that it must be fun to be your child! LOL. As for the fairies, I think a few accompanied me (in secret, of course) from the old house and they must visit me in my dreams. I think they sprinkle around special fairy dust to help me dream funny-crazy things! Enjoy this day!

    Love,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marqueta, how lovely! :0)

    So nice to enjoy today - what a beautiful day we have been blessed with!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a "FAIRY" well spent day! And your Lovely Painting is "FAIRY" pretty as well!
    Lots of "Fairy" warm Hugs, Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marqueta,

    You certainly have a talent for drawing. I LOVED your fairy drawing, as well as the other photos you shared.

    Blessings,

    -An Ordinary Woman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your picture is beautiful and I so appreciated the link back to the quaint story. Oh to have those tinkling words in that darling treasure of a book... What a wonderful tradition.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!