Friday, September 14, 2012

Meet Hettie

Dear Friends,

I'd like to introduce you to Hettie, a sweet girl of 16 who has graciously allowed me to share the letters that she wrote back in 1911 and 1912 (Actually, she is a product of my imagination, and this photo is from the antique store, but I still hope you will love her!). She is embarking on a tour of Europe, and writing all about it to her cousin Caroline, who lives in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Just follow this link to "By a Lady," and read her first postcard home.

Love,

Marqueta

5 comments:

  1. So fun! I stopped by earlier and was very inspired! Have a blessed weekend dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to following Hettie on her adventures...such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marqueta, what a wonderful delight! I am looking forward to getting to know Miss Hetty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her mama! And how nice that those pictures found you, so you could use them for the story! :D

    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopped by to say, "HI!" and catch up! I enjoyed Hettie's post card home and was longing for a good fair! Would you believe ours was cancelled this year because of budget issues? So sad...

    Sending you a warm Southern hug!

    Matty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit — I look forward to hearing from you!